ABOUT NEW ZEALAND
New Zealand (Maori- auctorial) is an Island country in the south – western Ocean comprising two main landmasses (North Island and South Island) and numerous Island. New Zealand is a constitutional monarchy with a Parliamentary Democracy, although its constitution is not condified. Queen Elizabeth II is the Queen of New Zealand. New Zealand has mild and temperate maritime climates with mean annual temratures ranging from 10’C (50 ‘F) in the south to 16 ‘C(61’F) in the North. New Zealand’s geographic isolation for 80 million years and Island biogeography is responsible for the country’s Unique species of flora and fauna.
Capital: – Willington br>
Largest City: Auckland br>
Population: 4,414,400 around br>
- New York, London and Paris do not hold Candle to Auckland and Wellington, according worldwide quality of living survey.
- The New Zealand cities ranked among the best in mercer 2009 Quality of living survey, which covered 215 cities and was based on criteria including political, social, economic and environmental factors.
- Auckland jumped one place from last year tom join Canada’s Vancouver in fourth place, while wellington stayed 12th on the list. Austrian Capital Vienna took the No.1 spot,knoking Switzerland Zurich and Geneva into Second and Third respectively.
REASONS TO STUDY
- Colleges and Universities are internationally recognized.
- New Zealand features a broad range of educational opportunities for the International Students Planning to peruse their higher education in New Zealand.
- New Zealand offers certificates courses or degree, diploma through to Master’s and Doctoral Degrees.
- There are more than 5,000 students in New Zealand and issued about 4,800 visas in this Academic year.
- New Zealand is the country that provides a one year job search visa, regardless of the course pursued by a student. Once you get a relevant field job. You can apply for permanent residency.
There are 10 level of study in New Zealand Schools and Universities. The lowest level is a certificates and the highest is doctoral Degrees. Each level is more complex than the one below it. These are the names of our qualification and their level.
- Certificates are level 1 to 4
- Diplomas are level 5 and 6
- Bachelor’s degrees and Graduates Diploma are level 7
- Postgraduates Certificates and Diploma and Bachelor Degrees with honors are level 8
- Masters Degrees are level 9
- Doctoral Degrees are level 10
All of our major education providers are registered with New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA), so you can be easily understand the level of the qualification and compare qualification between education Providers.
All major educations providers are registered with the New Zealand qualifications Authority (NZQA), so you can be sure that you are studying for an approved qualification that has been assessed to ensure that it is high quality. Some private training establishments do not use NZQA qualification – you should check and make sure their courses are suitable for you.
At polytechnics and Institutes of Technology you can study for certificates, Diploma and Degree. These Institutions offer more practical vocational courses. At colleges of education you can study for a degree in education and teaching. A university Bachelor’s degree usually takes three or four years. Major Degree’s structures give you the Opportunity of combining your major subject with supporting subject’s known as “Minor” subjects.
After you have Bachelor Degree, you can study for a Post Graduate Qualification Such as Graduate Diploma, Master’s Degree and Doctoral. If you already have an under Graduates degree from your home country and your English is good, you may be able to enroll in a post Graduates program in New Zealand.
NZIS is the sole Agency of the NZ Government responsible for migration and entry to New Zealand. Student visa is require to enter the country to study a course more than 3 month duration, also the course opted should be offered by education Institutions approved and registered with NZQA.Student is issued a visa for 2 year duration could be and easily extended being in New Zealand as per the further duration of course. Visit our visa counselor for personal guidance and documentation requirement for student’s visa. You can get only a student visa to study in course at an education institution. Which is registered and approved by the NZQA? Acceptance by the university does not guarantee that a student will be issued a student visa by the Immigration authority.
Why Immigration New Zealand (INZ) did Introduced this Scheme?
The aim of the funds Transfer Scheme is to help facilitate the processing of Student visa application from Indian people who want to go to New Zealand to study for more than 12 months. In addition to the Bank loan scheme announced in 2005, the funds transfer scheme is another option for Indian student to prove their financial ability. The benefits of this scheme are that it.
- Allow student’s parents to have control over the amount of money that their child has access to in New Zealand.
- Is cheaper than the Bank loan option currently available.
- Is a lot easier than the current alternative available – where range of documentation is required and\or a Bank loan must be taken out, documentation to show their financial ability, which the visa officer then has to scrutinized and verify.
Who can apply for this Schem?
Applicant ant intending to study in New Zealand for 12 months or from India can now apply for the Funds Transfer Scheme.
New Zealand generally has two intakes i.e. Feb. & July. It is suggested that you start making applications in the month of August for the Feb intakes. Universities generally take around d6d weeks of process an application & immigration service’s again take around 6 weeks for the visas. Documents need for making an application are resume, statement of purpose, mark sheets and certificates. Of X, XII till graduation or relevant degrees transcript in specific cases, certificates of extracurricular activities and Passport copy and 2 reference letter from college and employer.
ENGLHISH LAUNGAGUAGES REQUIRENMENTS:-
All students must be fluent in English language if they are succeeding at University in New Zealand. There are many courses available public and private institutions in New Zealand and elsewhere to assist International students reach the required level of English launggauge comptitence. All students should take up IELTS or TOFFEL since it is required by the Immigration services. A band 6.0 / 6.5 for under Graduates and 6.5 / 7.5 for Postgraduates courses is desirable.
Main intake every year commences in June-July, December-January. Institutes of Technology and polytechnic have 2 semesters Feb. to June July to November with Holiday similar to secondary schools. Some half year courses start in July.
New Zealand provides high quality courses with high slandered of living at lower cost than Australia, U K and USA. The cost below will give you an Idea of how much spending of money you will need in New Zealand as it can vary from city to city. Tuition fees vary program to program.
- Undergraduates study usually cost about NZ$ 17,000 to 20,000 $ a year
- Post graduates study usually cost about NZ $ 20,000 to $ 23,00 a year MBA can cost up NZ $ 35,000- to 40,000$.
- Living cost $ 15,000$ a year
Accommodation & Living Expenses
The total cost depends on each student spending habits. However, a student should be able to live in New Zealand for cost of living between NZ$10,000 and NZ$ 15,000 a year including accommodation, transport and entertainment.
Duration of program :-
- Master 2 years expect for program.
- Postgraduates Diploma 1 year
- Bachelors 3 years/ 4 Years.
- Diploma 1 year / 2 year
- MBA 18 months but can be completed 1 year as well.
Student will need to study in New Zealand for at least 2 year to qualify for job search visa, with a shorter period required for people who have gained post graduates qualifications or credit transferred Bachelor’s degrees.
NEW ZEALAND –VISA GUIDANCE
- Student visa
- Visitor visa