You are here: Home » Visa Services » USA



The USA is a third largest country (Behind Russia and Canada and 50 states to choose from. In the North American continents, the country borders Canada in the North and in the south it borders Mexico. The country surrounded by the Atlantic, Pacific and Arctic Ocean. The Caribbean Sea and Gulf of Mexico. In the North West, the state of Alaska is separated from the rest of the USA by Canada and Hawaii is found in the central Pacific Ocean. The country is so diverse with beautiful coastline, Expanding Desert, fantastic landscape, and lovely cities all rolled into one. The climates changes from subtropical divers depending on where you varies from arctic to tropical temratures.

Main Cities:- New York, Boston, Chicago, Los Angles, Philadelphia, Detroit, Dallas and Huston.

Capital: –Washington .DC

Population: –581,530 Around

1. Career opportunities: United States is world’s largest consumer market. As a result it is also considered to the land opportunities and hope. Even when the world goes thought economic crises, United States drives the revival. USA presents individuals with maximum opportunities in maximum areas of work.

2. Research Opportunities. USA universities have the highest endowment and commitment for Research based Activities when compared with any other Destination. This phenomenon’s results in lot of sponsorship, waivers for tuition fees and stipend for living expenses. Creates the ideal scenario for Researcher from the world over.

3. Support for International Students USA universities are known for their uncondinal support to the International students on and off Campus. Universities follow the practice of establishing dedicated Offices for the causes of International students which extended help and support to the every students in whatever form needed right from their arrival in the USA.

4. Financial Assistance:- Most of the Universities have developed a system to support students financially to help them undergo the programs of their choice. The Assistance could be given by the Government, University, Cherity or even Private Corporation in the form of scholarship, Loans, sponshership or the basis of need.

5. Earn while you learn:- Many courses universities allow students to work part time and over the weekends to enable them earn while they learn –reducing the overall financial burden on the students. This typically useful for the students in meeting their cost of livening. As per rules, international students can work part time 20 hours per work.

Application to the universities can be done online and paper based format.


To apply in USA universities there are two major intakes.

Major intakes: spring and fall. Minor intakes: summer and winter.


Each university has its own deadlines for respective intakes. We encourage you to apply early to secure your admission.

Documents required

  • Valid passport copy
  • Curriculum viate/resume
  • Attested copies of mark sheet of std. x to final degree
  • Transcript in sealed envelope (if applicable)
  • At least 2-3 recommendation letters from professors who have tough you most frequently and knows you well a can comment on your professional abilities.
  • Statement of purpose
  • Photocopied score reports of SAT/GRE/GMAT/IELTS/TOEFL if available &required.
  • Portfolio (in case of students applying for art and design course).

Education system in the USA is different from the British system of education as per practiced by India and from other countries.

After the nursery school kindergarten, primary or elementary education starts, which will be from first to six grades. Grades from 7th to 12th is known as secondary education in which seventh to ninth are known as junior high school grades and 10th to 12th are known as senior high school grades.

One could join the first year the college, either in a community college which offers a two-year associate degree or a technical institute of similar duration programs. Completion of this level will make one eligible to take up two more years of the undergraduates program at a four-year college or a university, on completion of which leads to bachelor’s degree.

A master’s degree after that could be between one to two years .and doctoral level education could by simultaneous along with the master’s additional which can be another 3-4 years.

On completion of two years in college (first two years of bachelor’s program) one could join a first professional degree, which will be an additional four years. First professional degree are normally offered in pharmacy, dentistry, physiotherapy, law, medicine etc. in some fields, the master’s degree is the next highest degree awarded after completion of the first professional degree.

Finally, once a student’s earns his doctoral degree, he could pursue further research/study as a post-doctoral fellow, which is the highest level of education anywhere in the world.

Bachelor’s level education in USA normally starts after the completion of 12 years of primary and secondary education. Hence education beyond class Xll is also known as ‘post –secondary’ education, in USA.

Bachelor’s programs are of four year duration, and are offered by different types of colleges. Liberal arts college offer a general education in arts and science that develop general knowledge are reasoning ability. Most of these types of college are privately owned and have limited number of programs.

Upper -division colleges are those that offer the last two years of undergraduate programs, which are specialized.

Community colleges are those that offer associate degree of two years duration. On completion of such two-year associate degrees, students join either upper –division colleges or universities to complete the balance two years for obtaining the bachelors degree. Most community colleges are publicly owned ones and offer technical program that prepare students for entry in to job market, with certificate and diploma programs of six month to one year.

Specialized program like engineering are also offered, that are equivalent to the first two years of a bachelor’s degree. These are known as ‘transfer’ programs.

Universities offer a broad range of both undergraduate and graduate degree programs. The size of universities varies greatly – right from a two bedroom apartment to campuses in thousands of acres! The range and diversity of programs offered are quite large. It is only possible to take up research work in universities and not in any other types of colleges.

The master of sciences and master of engineering programs in U.S universities are second to none in the range of specialties, quality and popularity.

Master of Science (M.SC) degrees are normally research-oriented and non – research oriented. If a student opts to purpose research at the doctoral level, he could choose to prefer the research-oriented option. alternatively , if the students wants to stop his education after master s and look for employment or other avenues, he may choose to take up the non- research oriented degrees. Most good universities offer both these orientations.

Master of engineering (ME) degrees is not as popular as the MS degrees, but are mostly terminal degrees for those who are professionally employed in respective fields. If one wishes to obtain additional qualifications at the master s level in order to improve his knowledge or for employment /business growth, ME degrees are suitable for such applicants. Most often, completion of ME degree will not enable further application to the Ph. D level

Students at any level are not allowed to work full-time, while studying in the USA however, employment of international students, who reached USA on a non-immigrant vise such as F-1, is strictly regulated.

If such students maintain their vise status and be in good standing, they good work part- time and on campus only for up to 20 hours of a week. During holidays and college breaks, students could work full-time, if they maintain good standing.

Under special circumstances, students could seek approval from the department of home land Security (through their respective college) to work full-time in case of ‘economic necessity’ or if they experience unexpected financial crises. Such full-time work is possible only after one year to stay in the US and after proper endorsement on the l-20 by the international student’s adviser of the university where the students is enrolled.

Even off-campus employment must be authorized in writing.

After completion of education, any students could take up curricular practical training (CPT) or internship, for a period of one year with companies in the USA, which is normally the first step to seek a more regular employment under H1B category, for further stay.

Vise guidance

  • Students visa
  • Visitor visa

Show Comments