The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom (UK) and Britain, is a sovereign state located off the north-western coast of continental Europe. The country includes the island of Great Britain, the north-eastern part of the island of Ireland and many smaller islands. Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK that shares a land border with another state—the Republic of Ireland Apart from this land border, the UK is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean in the west and north, the North Sea in the east, the English Channel in the south and the Irish Sea in the west.
The United Kingdom is a developed country and has the world’s sixth-largest economy by nominal GDP and economy by purchasing power parity. It was the world’s first industrialized country and the world’s foremost power during the 19th and early 20th centuries. The UK remains a great power with considerable economic, cultural, military, scientific and political influence internationally. It is a recognized nuclear weapons state and its military expenditure ranks fourth in the world.
The UK has been a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council since its first session in 1946. It has been a member of the European Union and its predecessor the European Economic Community since 1973; it is also a member of the Commonwealth, the Council of Europe, the G7, the G8, the G20, NATO, the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and the World Trade Organization.
Dialing code: 44
Population: 62.74 million (2011)
Government debt: 90.0% of GDP (2012)
Queen: Elizabeth II
Government: Hereditary monarchy, Constitutional monarchy, Parliamentary system, unitary state
- The UK attracts people from all over the world with its mix of vibrant cities and gentle contryside.The UK consists of England, Scotland, Wales and the province of nor them ireland.each has its own identity, with vibrant modern cities. As well as stunning countryside and coastline. Multiculturalism has benefited the UK in all areas from industry and commerce to music, art, sport, science and literature .it has brought fresh ideas, new skills, and labor and culture diversity to the UK
- A high degree of sophistication, a matchless charm, and above all, educational quality that’s backed by centuries of tradition, the United Kingdom is just the right place to give your career that global edge.
- In addition to the hallowed Oxford and Cambridge, UK have a large number of other universities which rank among the best in the world and offer a wide range of courses.
- One major advantage of U.K. education is its one-year Masters Degree for almost all courses, saving you considerable time and money. Also, unlike those in other countries, most UK universities recognize the Indian education system of 3 year graduation.
- World class qualification
- Modern learning environment
- Quality of education
- Affordable prices
- Numerous scholarship and bursaries offered by uk institutions
- Almost free health care by national health service
- Student discount facilities provided free through national union of students membership for all students
- Vast choices of institution academics and subjects
- Flexible programs
- Diverse, stable social environment
Overseas fees can range from 3500 pound to 19000 GBP per year depending on the institutions. The level of course and the type of course. As we are international students we are suppose to pay overseas fees.
LIVING IN UK A tier 4 general student must be show that he/she has: 800 pound per month for living cost if the students studying in inner London for the majority of his/her study (more than 50 % of their study time) 600 pound per month for the living cost if the students studying in outer London or anywhere else in the united kingdom, for the majority of his/he study (more than 50 % of their study time)
WORKING IN UK
- Student can work during term time from10 hour to 20 hour per week
- Increase your job category is in the shortage list it is easier to get a work permit
- Applying for under graduates or post graduates courses
- Application form available at sahaj international offices free of cost.
- One can apply to numerous universities and collages
INTAKES & DEADLINE.
- Certain university has deadline
- Most university does not have deadline but it is advice to apply at least 6/8 months in advanced
- The main intakes offered by all universities are September /Octobers few university offer January/February intake also. Collage offer courses for January /April/June /September intake
DOCUMENTS REQUIERED FOR AN APPLICATION
- Valid passport copy
- Attested copy of mark sheet of std. X to final degree
- Transcript in sealed in envelop(if applicable)
- At least 2 academic reference letters from professors who have thought you most frequently and know you well a comment on you professional abilities.
- Personal statements and curriculum vitas /resume
- Photocopy scored report of GMAT/IELTS/TOEFL if available or required
- Portfolio(in case of student applying for art and designed course)
- Others(certificates/achievements at the state and national levels and extra curriculum activities)
REQUIREMENT OF CAS
- student name;
- student date of birth;
- course title;
- course start and end date;
- details of any financial sponsorship/deposits taken;
- documents that should be included as part of an application to prove qualifications;
- CAS number; and
- ATAS certificate (if appropriate).
- 55 % and above for humanities in xii th
- 60 and above for science, commerce/engineering in std xii/diploma
- Second class could also be considered by universities if there is some additional qualification/experience
- Completed /will complete 18 years of age before joining a degree program
- 55 /60 % and above in 1st degree is required by most of the universities for master and research courses
- Full time work experience of at least 1-3 years after 1st degree required by many universities for management program(MBA)the same may vary from university to university
- For management program (MBA) some universities have a minimum entry for age of 25 years.
- IELTS minimum score of 6.5 bands for postgraduates and5.5 to 6 bands for undergraduate studies
- TOEFL ibt score of more than 80 for postgraduates and undergraduate studies
- Exemption is also possible.
ENTRY CLEARANCE AND IMMIGRATION REGULATIONS. Entry into the UK will be managed by the UK border and immigration agency with the introduction of the new points based system (PBS)
- STUDENT VISA
- VISITOR VISA
- DEPENDENT VISA
UK- TYPE OF STUDENTS VISA
You need 40 points to be able to apply for a student’s visa and must provide the proof needed with your application form