CANADA -WHY CANADA
There are 10 provinces and 3 territories. It is a second largest country after Russia in the world and having the population around 35 million.
Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Windsor, Quebec, Halifax, Victoria are some of the major cities of the Canada and the Ottawa is the capital city of Canada.
Most of the Canada suited nearest to USA border so the people can easily move to USA once they get immigration in Canada as the country having strong immigration program after study.
Canada is among leading manufacturing countries with its economy spread in petroleum coal product, primary metal papers, and allied products, febricated, metals,petro chemicals and chemicals,febricated metals food and bevrages,heavy macheinary,automobile ,aerospace, telecommunication etc.
Canada has its strong presence in computer and information technologies with excellence communication, transportation, hydroelectric and nuclear power generations, finance, insurance, banking etc.
Canada is bilingual country with two official language –English and French most of the French peaking inhabitant live in Quebec. However almost all non-Quebec based universities offer education instruction in English only.
Study in Canada would be a beautiful experience for anyone, literly since Canada is ranked as at the best place in the world to live. Because of its access to education, high life expectancy and low crime rates, Canada is very attractive destination for students throughout the world.
Of more attraction to Indian students is the fact that Canada welcomes immigrants with open arms. Thus those who complete their education can decide upon staying back and complete the immigration process to enjoy the best life in the world as a country of immigrant,canada place a high demand on multicultural diversity.
Moreover Canadian education cost are relatively cheaper than us and other countries by at least 30%coupled with its low cost of living ,Canada is one of the best destination for international students almost 80% of colleges and universities in Canada are government/public funded.
Student partnership program is a new concept, which gives opportunity to study with 3 years of work permit and can file for PR (permanent resident).
- Canada offers a wide choice of over 90 universities 150 collages and technical institutes, featuring every imaginable program.
- Surprisingly, Canadian tuition fees are almost the lowest in almost all the English speaking countries
- Most of the universities and collage program incorporate a co operative work program ,giving the students an opportunity to work in their related field and earn credits for the same
- Students have authorized for working twenty hours per week, off campus * when classes are in session and full time during scheduled breaks/vacation. But student must start work only after they receive the off campus work permit.
- Canada is multi cultural country. It is quite secure and comfortable in its diversity.Multycultrallism has become a cornerstone of the Canadian identity. In fact Torrentto, Canada’s largest cities is ranked as the most multicultural city in the world.
- The academic year starts in September and end in May. It is normally divided into two semesters. Some institutes operate on a semester or trimester system and admit students in January and / or May as well as September. Many institutes Offer a limited Number of courses and special program during the summer season.
CANADA STUDENTS VISA INFORMATION UNDER SPP PROGRAM
- Canada Government has started very special program for India students to get visa very quickly and with a minimum documentation. Canadian Government has appointed few selected colleges to get admission under SPP ( around 43 out of Total 137 colleges)
- All of these colleges offer high level education and most of them are Government funded and community colleges.
- SPP program offer only Diploma , advanced Diploma and Post Graduates Diploma BUT NOT THE MASTER PROGRAM (Comes under non SPP program)
Requirement s of SPP Program:-
- Age up to 25 years.
- Process Time: 10 to 12 working days for visa process.
- 12th or all Diploma holder like 10+ 2, 10+3, 10 + 2 + 3 or all Bachelors Degree or all master degrees or all Master’s degree ( Academic 50 % or above )
IELTS ACEDEMIC: –
- Minimum 6.0 overall band or above.
College fees: –
- CAD $ 10,000 to $ 14,000 per year tuition fees. You have to pay full year tuition fee in advance.
- For new finance Rules:- (GIC Visit):- www.gic-rules-ca
Federal (29 Occupation List)
Once the student gets visa and after completion two years course, they may be eligible up to 3 year open work permit. After completion 1 year of open work permit, they can apply for permanent residency for Canada through various immigration programs.
University / community colleges: September / January / May
January is a demand intake for popular course.
- Students visa under SPP and non SPP Program.
- Permanent Residence
- Visitor Visa
- Dependents Visa
Canadian high commissioned has introduced major changes under SPP
Fromm now onwards students have to compulsory pay one year Tuition fee not only a semester fee.
Preferred option for proof of Funds:
Evidence of Purchase of special guaranteed Investment Certificates (GIC) from a participating for Canadian financial Intuitions, in the amt. of $ 10,000 CAD to cover living expense for your first year in Canada and evidence of payment for your first year tuition.
As an alternate Option, you can fulfill the financial requirement by submitting a copy of the receipt for the first year tuition fees and a copy of an educational loan from a Indian charytetee Bank equaling to $ 10,000 CAD.
How to obtain a Guaranteed Investment Certificates. (GIC):
According to Citizenship and immigration to Canada guidelines, you will require approximately $ 10,000 CAD per year, not including tuition fees, to cover living expenses. This requirement is fulfilled though the purchase of a participating GIC, and evidence that you have paid your tuition.
At present, Scotia Bank is the participating Canadian Financial Institution. For more information, contact Scotia Bank or their affiliate, Kotak Mahindra Bank at:
Ground floor, Mittal Tower, B wing Nariman Point, Mumbai.400021. Tel: 91-22-66364200, Email:-email@example.com
S.C.O-153-154-155, Sector-9 C, Madhya Marg, Chandigarh-160 017. Tel:(0172)-5008600
Ground floor, Sco: 335-336, Sector-35B, Chandigarh-160 035. TEL:0172-4051300/19
Prahalad Nagar Bunglow-1, Paras-II,Nr.Auda Garden, Prahladnagar, Ahmadabad. Gujarat- 380 015.TEL:079-40056086.
The Pinnacle, Ground floor, No:-8, fifth block,Karmagla, Bangluru-karnataka-560 095Tel:080-66330200.
J-13/65, Rajouri Garden, New Delhi-110 027TEL: 011-45656278.
For more information about TOEFL iBT, log on to www.vfs-canada.co.in or call us for more assistance.